About Our Staff
“The Montessori teacher has a passion for guiding children in their self-development”
The Montessori teacher is a facilitator of learning, a designer of the environment, demonstrator, resource person, guide, role model. A meticulous observer and recorder of each student’s behavior and growth.
Our highly educated and trained teachers are dedicated to instilling a love of learning in their pupils. Our teachers hold a BA Degree or an Early Childhood Education Credential, as well as an American Montessori Teaching Credential.
The professional team of school director and teachers are not only knowledgeable and experienced, but extremely loving and nurturing.
The Montessori Teacher
The Montessori teacher is educated in the following areas:
- Child growth and development
- Observational skills to match the child’s developmental needs with materials and activities
- An open-ended array of activities and suggested learning materials that empower teachers to design their own developmentally responsive and culturally relevant learning environment
- Teaching strategies that facilitate and support the unique and total growth of each individual child
- Classroom leadership skills that foster a nurturing environment supporting physical and psychological learning
Ms. Rita has a BA in leadership and organizational studies from St. Mary’s College in Moraga, an AMI Montessori teaching credential from Maria Montessori School of the Golden Gate in San Francisco, and a Program Director Permit.
She has been working in education and administration for over twenty years, and previously managed All Are Friends Montessori school in Foster City before opening her own program in Burlingame.
Ms. Chapna received her training at MTEC (Montessori Teacher Edicts Center) in Sunnyvale, CA and Montessori certification from Cambridge UK. She also has a BA in Natural Science from Sri Lanka. She has been teaching for over fifteen years.
Children Are Our Focus!
A Nurturing, Safe and Stimulating Environment for Them to Thrive!
A young child learns best in a homelike setting, filled with developmentally appropriate materials that provide experiences contributing to the growth of confidence, self-motivation and independent learning.